During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. (Luke 1:39-40)
Read and Ponder:
- Luke 1:39-56, Ephesians 2:9
Mary focuses on the covenant God made with Abraham. Her faith is not based on emotion; instead, her foundation is on the knowledge of God’s purpose and confidence in His faithfulness.
Questions to Ponder:
- What isElizabeth’s response to Mary’s condition?
- How does Mary act knowing that her son will be the greater of the two infants?
- What would my response be if I were Elizabeth or Mary?
- Do I trust and know God like Mary or do I base my faith on fickle emotions?
Lord Jesus, make me more like your blessed Mother, Mary. Give me the courage to say, Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word. Luke 1:38 (NAB)